3D Printer Trainers
3D Printing Steps
All students must get certified in order to reserve our 3DPrinters in our department.
3D Printing Certification Steps:
1) Watch the digital training video, here
2) Test your digital knowledge and take the quiz* here (hint all the answers are in the video above)
3) Get train (30 minutes, max 4 students at time) on how to set up the Ultimakers in-person with one of our CLTs during the following times:
Mondays 9:30AM- 10:30AM with Michelle Guzman
1:30PM - 2:30PM with Joshua Garcia
Tuesdays 7PM - 8PM with Joel Cardenas
Wednesdays 7PM - 7:30 PM with Albert Vargas
Thursdays 7PM - 8PM with Joel Cardenas
Fridays 9:30AM-10:30AM with Laurin Moseley
Saturdays 2PM - 3PM with Hito Rodriguez
4) Student will get a sticker on the ID, which will the student access to 3dPrinting machinery.
*Quiz and Physical Training are mandatory to get certified so that our team knows that you are knowledgeable in 3D Printing and can print on your own without damaging the machines
3D Printing: Machine Reservation
After student certification, students must reserve a machine to 3DPrinting project on SuperSaaS at
NYCCTfab Ultimaker Reservation (supersaas.com)
*Students must have the material handy at the beginning of the reservation time. If not, reservation will be cancelled.
*If machine has not been reserved or student is delayed more than 30 minutes for reservation, the student on campus has the right to use the machine on first come first serve.
*Students can contact our CLT during one-one help times for further assistance after completing the training.
*Students should oversee their project from time to time to check for any failure.
- CLTs are available only to oversee machinery and stop if there is a problem with the 3DPrinting. CLT can request students ID at any given time to confirm student certification.
- The lab reserves the right to cancel the printing if student is not certified.